We understand how important it is for you that your information is used carefully. Online Insurance General appreciates your trust in us to sensibly manage your personal information.
What Personal Information About Customers Does onlineinsurancegeneral.com Gather?
We only gather information that can be useful to improve and personalize our costumers experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of onlineinsurancegeneral.com on other websites.
- E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Online Insurance General if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Email Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Among other things, they enable our systems to recognize your browser to provide personalized advertisements on our website and other websites.
Does onlineinsurancegeneral.com Share the Information It Receives?
We take the information about our costumers very seriously, as an important asset of our business, therefore, we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers:Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Online Insurance General customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Email Preferences.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Online Insurance General, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of onlineinsurancegeneral.com and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Online Insurance General, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Socket layer (SSL) Software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Online Insurance General also may display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on onlineinsurancegeneral.com. Click here for more information about the personal information that we gather. Although Online Insurance General does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the southern United States who bought or browsed for red gingham fabric).
Are Children Allowed to Use onlineinsurancegeneral.com?
onlineinsurancegeneral.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use onlineinsurancegeneral.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit onlineinsurancegeneral.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice. If you have any concern about privacy at onlineinsurancegeneral.com, please contact us at [email protected] with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, email address, address, and phone numbers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.